Incomplete pentalogy of Cantrell: single stage repair
- Department of Pediatric cardiology, Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Correspondence to Dr M K Usha, Assistant Professor Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatric cardiology, Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Jayanagar 9th block, Bangalore 560069, India;
Contributors JM: performed echocardiogram and angiogram, diagnosis and referral to surgeon. MKU: compiling and drafting of the article. DNS: performed the single stage complete repair of all the defects.
- Received 19 December 2011
- Accepted 21 February 2012
- Published Online First 11 June 2012
An 11-month-old boy presented with complete bilateral cleft lip and a palpable, pulsating midline abdominal mass since birth. His growth and development were normal. Echocardiography showed a diverticulum arising from left ventricular (LV) apex. Angiography showed a long tubular LV apical diverticulum extending into abdomen …