Objectives To investigate PARP1 impacts on the protein expression and changes in activity of rat hearts in ischaemia-reperfusion injury. Research the tumour necrosis factor-a (TNF-a), Interleukin-6 (IL-6) of rat heart ischaemic/reperfusion on the same period, and study these serum cyokines expression and infarction area after PARP1 was inhibited by its inhibitor 3-aminobenzamid (3-AB).
Methods The rats (n=190) were randomly divided into sham group, ischaemia/reperfusion, Immunohistochemistry was used to examine the PARP1 expression at 15 min, 30 min, 1 h, 2 h, 4 h, 6 h, 24 h. TNF-a, IL-6 levels of serum and myocardial tissue were detected by ELISA. PARP inhibitor 3-AB and the equal volume of saline were given to sham group and PARP1-3AB group at 30 min after thoracotomy and 1 h after administration of reperfusion respectively, then testing the infarction area.
Results 1. The average optical density values on expression of PARP-1 of I/R reperfusion group at different time points (15 min, 30 min, 1 h, 2 h, 4 h, 6 h, 24 h) were 176.81±6.47, 181.07±7.58, 190.15±9.09, 208.02±16.04, 197.96±13.80, 195.31±8.65, 190.35±5.53, compared with sham group were significantly different (p<0.05).
2. At different time points, the content of TNF-a (18.05±2.49, 20.95±2.48, 32.96±2.85, 40.53±3.09, 39.07±2.41, 19.15±2.29, 38.81±2.56 pg/mg) and IL-6 (17.1±2.7, 20.8±3.5, 33.8±3.9, 39.0±3.9, 38.2±4.5, 19.1±2.1, 22.1±3.5 pg/mg) in the myocardium were all obviously expressed, compared with control group had significant difference (p<0.05).
3. At different time points, the content of TNF-a (18.05±2.49, 20.95±2.48, 32.96±2.85, 40.53±3.09, 39.07±2.41, 19.15±2.29, 38.81±2.56 pg/mg) and IL-6 (17.1±2.7, 20.8±3.5, 33.8±3.9, 39.0±3.9, 38.2±4.5, 19.1±2.1, 22.1±3.5 pg/mg) in the serum had significant difference compared with control group (p<0.05).
4. Left ventricular myocardial infarction area of I/R ischaemia 45 min, 2 H reperfusion group was 33.24±3.78%, compared with PARP-3AB group (20.02±2.12%) was higher (p<0.05).
Conclusions 1. The level of PARP1 of ischaemia-reperfusion myocardial and related cytokines IL-6, TNF-a were showed dynamic changes, reperfusion during 15 min to 2 H was gradually increasing, during 4 H to 6 H was gradually decline, at 24 H a slightly elevated.
2. PARP1-3AB inhibited the activity of PARP1 and the expression of cytokines.
3. It is important to apply PARP inhibitors in ischaemia-reperfusion early phase. PARP reduced infarct size.
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.