- Dr PM Elliott, Department of Cardiological Sciences, St George's Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK email:
- First published July 1, 2000.
- Additional references for: "Diagnosis and management of dilated cardiomyopathy" by Perry Elliott. Heart 2000;84:106-12.
- Mancini DM, Beniaminovitz A, Levin H, et al. Low incidence of myocardial recovery after left ventricular assist device implantation in patients with chronic heart failure. Circulation 1998;98:2383-9.
- Waagstein F, Bristow MR, Swedberg K, et al. Beneficial effects of metoprolol in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Lancet 1993;342:1441-6.
- Sütsch G, Kiowski W, Yan X, et al. Short-term oral endothelin-receptor antagonist therapy in conventionally treated patients with symptomatic severe chronic heart failure. Circulation 1998;98:2262-8.
- Bozkurt B, Villaneuva F, Holubkov R, et al. Intravenous immune globulin in the therapy of peripartum cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol 1999;34:177-80.
- Oz MC, Argenziano M, Catanese K, et al. Bridge experience with long-term implantable left ventricular assist devices. Are they an alternative to transplantation? Circulation 1997;95:1844-5.
- Anon. Consensus recommendations for the management of chronic heart failure. Am J Cardiol 1999;83:1A-38A.
- Keeling PJ, Gang Y, Smith G, et al. Familial dilated cardiomyopathy in the United Kingdom. Br Heart J 1995;73:417-21.
- Dorffel WV, Felix SB, Wallukat G, et al. Short-term hemodynamic effects of immunoadsorption in dilated cardiomyopathy. Circulation 1997;95:1994-7.
- Muller J, Wallukat G, Dandel M, et al. Immunoglobulin adsorption in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Circulation 2000;101:385-91.
- Baig MK, Goldman JH, Caforio AL, et al. Familial dilated cardiomyopathy: cardiac abnormalities are common in asymptomatic relatives and may represent early disease J Am Coll Cardiol 1998;31:195-20.
- Caforio AL, Grazzini M, Mann JM, et al. Identification of alpha- and beta-cardiac myosin heavy chain isoforms as major autoantigens in dilated cardiomyopathy. Circulation 1992;85:1734-42.
- Gold MR Optimization of ventricular pacing: where should we implant the leads? J Am Coll Cardiol 1999;33:324-6.
- Brecker SJ, Gibson DG. What is the role of pacing in dilated cardiomyopathy? Eur Heart J 1996;17:819-24.
- Torre-Amione G, Kapadia S, Benedict C, et al. Proinflammatory cytokine levels in patients with depressed left ventricular ejection fraction: a report from the studies of left ventricular dysfunction (SOLVD). J Am Coll Cardiol 1996;27:1201-6.
- Henry WL, Gardin JM, Ware JH. Echocardiographic measurements in normal subjects from infancy to old age. Circulation 1980;62:1054-61.
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.