In the setting of acute myocardial infarction (MI) and cardiogenic shock in patients with significant unprotected left main coronary artery (LMCA) disease, treatment options are limited. In this report of a patient presenting in cardiogenic shock secondary to acute MI with critical LMCA stenosis, percutaneous coronary intervention with intra-aortic balloon pump support proved life saving.
- acute myocardial infarction
- cardiogenic shock
- intra-aortic balloon pump
- IABP, intra-aortic balloon pump
- LMCA, left main coronary artery
- PCI, percutaneous coronary intervention
- SHOCK, should we emergently revascularize occluded coronaries for cardiogenic shock
- TIMI, thrombolysis in myocardial infarction
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.