B-type natriuretic peptide: a role in selection and follow up of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator patient?
B-type natriuretic peptide may have a role in predicting the risk of ICD therapy, identifying patients with deteriorating clinical status and allowing them to be selected for more detailed medical review and, if necessary, drug treatment
- ANP, atrial natriuretic peptide
- BNP, B-type natriuretic peptide
- CAD, coronary artery disease
- CHF, congestive heart failure
- CNP, C-type natriuretic peptide
- ICD, implantable cardioverter-defibrillator
- LV, left ventricular
- LVEF, left ventricular ejection fraction
- NICM, non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy
- NYHA, New York Heart Association
- B-type natriuretic peptide
- implantable cardioverter-defibrillator
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.