“ ‘Diagnosis’ of metabolic syndrome by any current criteria is not needed and adds little to clinical practice. Attention and resources should be focused on the major modifiable risk factors and more should be done to engender sustainable lifestyle changes in all with vascular disease”
Statistics from Altmetric.com
Conflict of interest: None.
- blood pressure
- European Association for the Study of Diabetes
- European Society of Cardiology
- Framingham Risk Score
- high-density lipoprotein
- hazard ratio
- impaired fasting glycaemia
- International Diabetes Federation
- impaired glucose tolerance
- low-density lipoprotein
- National Cholesterol Education Panel
- oral glucose tolerance test
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.