The evolving story of “conditioning” to protect against acute myocardial ischaemia–reperfusion injury
“… it will not be long before pharmacological therapy, based upon our understanding of the mechanisms of “conditioning”, can be used to protect patients from the consequences of severe acute myocardial ischaemia–reperfusion injury”
See article on page 749
- AMI, acute myocardial infarction
- CABG, coronary artery bypass graft
- IPC, ischaemic preconditioning
- IPost, ischaemic postconditioning
- PCI, percutaneous coronary intervention
- RIPC, remote ischaemic preconditioning
- RIPost, remote ischaemic postconditioning
- SWOP, second window of protection
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Conflict of interest: none declared.